Sunday, June 17, 2012

A beautiful union

Yesterday I was lucky enough to spend the afternoon and evening with two dear friends as they officially embarked on a lifelong journey together. I've known Meg for a few years now, and she and Jason are two of the coolest people I've ever met. I've always admired Meg for her commitment to music. Her passion leads her daily life, and that's something I strive towards. She is a musician, a teacher, and a loving soul, and yesterday's ceremony and reception reflected everything I love about her!

  1. Outside of the theater where the ceremony was held. This old stone building is tucked away in the woods, and the rustic interior was perfect for the aesthetic Meg & Jason set out to achieve. Wooden signs like this one were sprinkled all over the ceremony & reception.
  2. The stage was set in hues of cream and blue. The bridesmaids all wore cream dresses - each a different style, handpicked by the girls themselves - and the groomsmen all wore khakis with blue button-ups, yellow bow ties, and SUSPENDERS. Meg's dress was stunning, and they were quite a pair up on stage there. They wrote their own vows and had me weeping in my seat.
  3. Programs were made up like Playbills, listing the cast of characters and the varied acts we'd be seeing onstage. The vintage typewriter is a killer touch.
  4. The reception hall reminded me of "The Farmer and the Cowman" scene from Oklahoma! in that it was set up like an old-fashioned, town-wide social. There were lights strung from the rafters, and strips of lace and burlap hung on either side of the dance floor. 
  5. The sweethearts' table!
  6. A parting gift from the newly-married couple. Some of their favorite songs, and a few done by them! I can't wait to listen to it.
xox,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment