Saturday, June 30, 2012

Do you think we'll be in love forever?

As most of you probably know, Tavi and some of her fellow Rookies have been traipsing across the country on their Rookie Road Trip! I met Tavi a few years ago, and we quickly bonded over our love of musical theater. I liked her for her unique, young feminist perspective. She liked me because I knew all the words to "Into the Woods." It's been insanely exciting (slash-jealousy-inducing) watching Tavi become a leader in the fashion world, pulling girls from all over the world closer to her eclectic taste in girl-flicks and her passion for feminism. I love everything she's done over at Rookie mag, and I can't wait to see what she has in store next...


The Queen Bee and Teenage Goddess herself!

 Rebecca & Allegra a.k.a. Rory Gilmore

CLIO WHERE YOU AT CALL ME

It's so crazy -- I actually bumped into a girl I met when I took a jewelry-making/metal-working class at Moore when I was in high school. We bonded over our Rookie-love and our desire to bring something similar to the post-grad demographic. I would love for someone to tell me how to pay my bills, develop a healthy relationship with a credit card, and accept that I will be living with my parents until I'm 29. We spoke to Tavz about the topic, sujesting (SEE WHAT I DID THERE) that we could start an online source called "Semi-Pro." We didn't remember that Tavi will, in fact, get older someday, and hopefully Rookie will expand their demographic a bit! In the mean time, I'll put in some search-time over at Thought Catalog for pearls of wisdom from older kin (let's just hope there aren't 23 articles about the release of "Magic Mike" this week... I mean, enough already).


 Some kinfolks, I think!

 HAZEL HAZEL HAZEL HAZEL IS AMAZEL




Petra is actually from the 1970s I'm not even joking time travel is real, people. 

 Violent Femmes blasting on Tavi's Fisher Price record player. Killer.



In honor of the beauty that Rookie has brought to my summer, I created a playlist that reflects this week's goings-on... the excitement of the Rookie Road Trip, working lots of hours at Madewell, summertime vibes, and the 1970s supermodels that are the Collins sisters. Enjoy.

Independent Summer (find me on Spotify, yo: Sara Neville)

  1. Nico: These Days
  2. Violent Femmes: Blister in the Sun
  3. Lana del Ray: Diet Mountain Dew
  4. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.: Simple Girl
  5. The Magnetic Fields: Andrew in Drag
  6. Robyn: Call Your Girlfriend*
  7. Best Coast: Mean Girls
  8. The War on Drugs: Brothers
  9. J.D. McPherson: Scandalous
  10. The Ruby Suns: Tane Mahuta
  11. WILD FLAG: Glass Tambourine
  12. Fort Lean: Beach Holiday
  13. The Drums: Let's Go Surfing
  14. Fleetwood Mac: Never Going Back Again
  15. Lykke Li: Dance, Dance, Dance
* P.S. OMG HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?! GIRLS ROCK!!!

xox,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment