Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Resorting to this. (Yes, I went there.)

I forgot how big of a Thing resort wear has become! Up until this weekend, I thought I had looked through all of the Resort 2013 collections and was excited to savor the taste of what is to come from Marc Jacobs (Strawberry Shortcake & friends as teenagers/upscale mallrats), Oscar de la Renta (Hamptons glam, obvi), and Chanel (human cream puffs, circa 1997).

OH CONTRAIRE! Resort is a Thing, remember? A THING. Ever since fashion designers and their PR teams discovered the internet in 2008, they have been maximizing their opportunities to reach le masses (read: us). This is why we've seen a rise in pre-fall and resort collections, am I right?

Well, regardless of the reason, I am thrilled to have all of these photos to devour, as my post-college state has left me with more time on my hands than Steven Tyler has rings... (shut up... I know).


I'm surprisingly into this urban badass vibe, despite being the "I have to go home" girl myself 


It's too easy to picture rainy days and backyard BBQs in these digs 


Every girl needs a sassy gay tracksuit in their life. It's time to trash the terrycloth, boo! 


Clashing prints & paneled pants? You're killin' me, Lam! 


Don't get me started on the scarf-tying here. Don't even do it.


As good as Ashley Olsen makes a matching suit look, I wasn't sold until now.
Oh, and pants with a stripe down the side? Losing my mind over here.

Even though these are my favorite looks, I've pinned a ton more over on Pinterest: 2013 resort! Feed my pathetic Pinterest obsession by checking them out!

xox,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment