Saturday, June 23, 2012

The maxi/midi hunt

If you follow me on tumblr, you'll know that I've been hunting around for maxi and midi length skirts and dresses for summer. Now, I rarely set out to shop with a specific goal in mind. I work in retail, and the aesthetic of the brand is so me that I barely do any shopping outside of our store. When I do, it's usually a quick run through of the sale rack to see if anything catches my eye.

Belle by Sigerson Morrison flats, frizzy hair: mama & papa

That being said, the heat wave this past week made me realize that I have little to no clothing appropriate for the searing summer sun. I decided to go on a mission: find skirts to wear out and about and at work for the hotter days this summer. I crave the maxi and midi length because I'm kind of a tomboy when it comes to my personal style, and I'm definitely on the modest side. I love the cute factor and vintagey vibes evoked by a tea-length skirt, and the effortless nature of a maxi-dress so I set out to find some under $60. Another plus: I've been hoping to girlify my wardrobe. This recent desire for skirts is definitely helping things.

LITTLE DID I KNOW IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND ANYTHING I LIKE. Okay, not impossible... it just took a lot of digging. I searched the mall & a few other stores before resorting to the internet. I have yet to make decisions, but here are some of the pieces I'm thinking about...



I'm leaning toward the maroon pleated skirt & the striped jersey maxi dresses. What do you like?

xox,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment